Mr. Smith, one of the founding members of the Firm, focuses his practice on business law, including negotiating strategic relationships, and planning and implementing the growth of many varied business enterprises. He advises entrepreneurs on capital formation, financing and structures, including the raising of venture capital and networking planning. Mr. Smith also has substantial experience in leverage leasing, commercial real estate transactions, internet marketing, joint ventures and software development activities.
Mr. Smith has also acted as counsel to the Public Authorities Committee and the Health Committee of the New York State Senate.
Mr. Smith is passionate about community involvement. He is the current past Chairman of the Greater Syracuse Chamber of Commerce and serves as a director for a number of charitable and community organizations and foundations. Mr. Smith shares his experience and energy by mentoring associates as they become involved in community activities.
- Syracuse University College of Law – L.L.B.
- Cornell University
- New York
Honors and Affiliations
- New York State Bar Association
- Onondaga County Bar Association
- Board of Directors, Sensis Corporation
- Board of Directors, Syracuse Jewish Federation
- Board of Directors, Jewish Home of Central New York
- Former Chair, Greater Syracuse Service Bureau
- Founder, Central New York Jewish Community Foundation
- Past President, Greater Syracuse Chamber of Commerce